Shipped Order Pricing
If you are outside of driving range from Waterloo/Elmira Ontario (or would simply prefer to have the worms shipped), this is where you will place your order.
Our primary composting worm product is called “Easy Worm Mix”. This is worm-rich material taken from our beds, added to a large breathable bag, and then packed with care inside a cardboard shipping box before being mailed out. This offers customers a great starter culture for any new vermicomposting system. Aside from containing plenty of adults, Easy Worm Mix contains loads of juveniles and cocoons as well – so you should expect to see your population grow quite quickly.
The remaining habitat material that comes in each bag will help to inoculate your system(s) with beneficial microbes and other helpful composting organisms, and just generally help to kickstart/accelerate the vermicomposting process. Since it’s material the worms are used to (unlike the usual worm shipping substrate, peat moss) – it should also help them to settle in to their new environment much more quickly as well.
For more information (along with step by step instructions), please refer to the Easy Worm Mix guide before placing your order.
Easy Worm Mix – Summary of Key Benefits
- Less expensive (than “pounds of worms”).
- Ships incredibly well (we’ve had boxes in transit for as much as a month and the worms were perfectly fine).
- Worms settle into new home more easily.
- Comes with valuable vermicomposting ecosystem.
- MAY require a bit more patience – especially if you are stocking a larger system
- Not ideal if you (for whatever reason) need an exact quantity of worms
- Not ideal if you need larger worms (for fishing etc).
- Not ideal if you are trying to boost the population in an existing system.
- MAY not be ideal if you are using a stacking worm bin since your starter tray offers very limited volume.
We recommend 1 batch of Easy Worm Mix for a typical home “worm bin”.
– Easy Worm Mix (SHIPPED) –
QUICK SUMMARY – Again, our primary worm product is “Easy Worm Mix” (follow the link to access the guide). This is worm-rich material transferred from our beds to a large breathable bag, before being packed with care in a cardboard box and shipped to the customer. It is an excellent mix for stocking new systems – we recommend 1 batch for a typical medium-sized “worm bin”.
**IMPORTANT – Please Read Carefully Before Ordering**:
1) We MAY ship Easy Worm Mix to parts of Canada not listed below – BUT you must get in touch before placing an order.
2) Also, if you live in a remote location within our shipping range it is very important that you contact us before placing an order (there may be substantially higher shipping charges than have been accounted for with the flat-rates included with the prices below).
3) At this time we can only offer shipments of 1 large bag (equivalent volume of 3 smaller bags we used to sell). You CAN order multiple bags (simply change the number in the shopping cart on the checkout page), but unfortunately there is no discount.
ONTARIO | MANITOBA | QUEBEC
|1 Bag of Easy Worm Mix (SHIPPING & TAX INCLUDED!) = $50 CAD|
NEW BRUNSWICK | NOVA SCOTIA | PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
|1 Bag of Easy Worm Mix (SHIPPING & TAX INCLUDED!) = $52 CAD|
NEWFOUNDLAND | LABRADOR
|1 Bag of Easy Worm Mix (SHIPPING & TAX INCLUDED!) = $60 CAD|
BRITISH COLUMBIA | ALBERTA | SASKATCHEWAN
|1 Bag of Easy Worm Mix (SHIPPING & TAX INCLUDED!) = $54 CAD|
*** If you are able to pick-up your “Easy Worm Mix” order in Waterloo (or Elmira) Ontario, please order from the PICK-UP ORDER page. ***
Due to a partnership with a U.S. based supplier we are able to ship worms to anyone living in the (continental) States. Please visit our Red Worm Composting website for U.S. product/pricing/ordering instructions.